TrueImage 11 Restore needs very long time

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by forumarbeit, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forumarbeit

forumarbeit Registered Member

Hi,

i use TrueImage 11 under Windows Vista Ultimate. The Backup (approx 35GB on HDD) and verify on a USB2 Drive needs approx 45 minutes. For a restore starts windows vista new and trueimage runs in DOS/Linux - Mode. The restore needs over 8 hours for the same restore.

Where if the problem? Why needs the restore so long and the Backup so short?

Many thanks for your help.

2. bobmitch

bobmitch Registered Member

I cannot say that my restore using v10 is that long. I have a 65 GB backup that takes around an hour with verify in Win Vista. To restore via USB 2.0, it takes close to three hours. Via Firewire...restore takes 50 minutes. I wonder if it has to do with the Linux USB drivers...are they USB 2.0 or USB 1.1o_O??

Bob

3. forumarbeit

Hi,

I using USB 2.0.

The backup from PC to USB HDD is with approx 45 minutes very fast but the way back from USB-HDD to PC is very slow. Read and write from and to USB-HDD under Windows Vista is very fast.
    I use a PC with Intel core2duo precessor, 3GB RAM, 250 GB HDD internal and as Backup-Media a Maxtor external USB2 case and Maxtor 500GB HDD.

I don't know where is the problem.

many thanks.

4. GroomLake

GroomLake Registered Member

Stop using the USB HDD for any thing but a storage backup location. Install more internal HDD’s. You will only need to copy from the USB HDD to your internal HDD if the particular image you want to use goes south.

5. forumarbeit

Sorry,

the PC is my new notebook and that has no space for a second HDD.

thanks and regards

Jo

6. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Slow restores from a USB drive can usually be cured by performing restores when booted from a Bart PE CD with the appropriate TI plug in.
    This will enable the normal Windows drivers to be used instead of the Linux ones which are often not up to the job.
    You should however raise a support ticket to make sure that the technical guys at Acronis are aware of the problem with your particular set up and they should be able to produce a modified rescue CD in the fullness of time or at least include better drivers in a subsequent build.

Xpilot

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

forumarbeit, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo26.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the full description of the problem you report and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.