TrueImage 10 images magically start requesting a password... (?)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BraytonAK, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BraytonAK

BraytonAK Registered Member

TrueImage 10 images corrupt after I burn them to DVD, but not before

I'm finding that True Image 10 Home files work fine (creating, exploring and mounting in WinXP) when created on an external USB drive, continue to work fine when placed on the desktop of a different computer (running Vista), but then seem to get corrupted when burning to DVD using Nero or Vista's own built-in DVD burning function. The corruption manifests itself as the Mount function complaining that the file is corrupted or the Explore function suddenly asking for a password (when none was used to create the files.)

The files were split by TrueImage so that they'd fit on DVD's. I happen to be using DVD-R's, although I have some +R's, too. I've burned at 8x and 3x (Nero and Vista speeds) with no change. The discs from Nero pass validation after burning. What on earth is happening? I can't just leave them on a USB hard drive.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  2. RIFreedom

RIFreedom Registered Member

I have the same problem. When I create a full disk image and try to explore the image I get a password prompt even though none has been set.

This problem not only manifests itself when trying to veiw the image but it also appears when I use the Windows search funtion in any way.

I'm using Acronis True Image 10 on a Windows XP Pro.

I had to uninstall ATI 10 from my system. This was tricky because the installer left major components behind which conitinued to load services upon startup.

Any info welcome,

Mike

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello BraytonAK,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please notice that in order to mount or explore an archive all parts of it should reside in the same folder. So in case of an archive which resides on several CDs/DVDs you need to copy them into one folder on the hard drive first.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello RIFreedom,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please download and install the latest build (4940) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.