TrueCrypt, What to backup?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by samuel336, Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samuel336

samuel336 Registered Member

I have two data backup drives encrypted with TC.
    Both disks are 3TB USB External and has advanced format,which means 4K bytes per sector instead of 512.

Drive #1 has no partition and whole disk is encrypted "\Device\Harddisk3\Partition0".
    Drive #2 has two partitions,one is the hidden partition #1 and other the data partiton #2 of size 2.7TB created by me.I was unable to delete the hidden partition #1.I partiotined drive using GPT,so i guess hidden partition #1 has something to do with GPT.so basically i have to mount "\Device\Harddisk4\Partition2".

I want to know what all needs to be backed up so that in the event of a disaster i can get back as much data as possible.

Things i am planning to take backup:
    1. Headers.
    2. copying 1GB data with Winhex from sector 0 from Drive #1 and #2.so that i can restore this beginning data back in case partition gets deleted or headers corrupted.
    3. noting down(or taking screenshot) the partition location in Drive #2 from winhex.so that if my partition gets deleted somehow then i would know where the partition was before and this might help me get my data back.right? and nothing to note in Drive #1?

Anything else i should be backing which can help me in future data disaster?
    Anything related to NTFS filesystem which i can take backup of?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.