Truecrypt volume mounted but shows no content

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by GladGutt, Jul 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GladGutt

GladGutt Registered Member

This morning I mounted my encrypted SD card as normal but after a while there was message on screen that the volume header was damaged.
    I therefore restored the volume header from the backup within and thought all was normal. Instead it seems I created a new volume header because I can't access the content at all anymore.
    Windows claims the volume is unformatted and file format raw.

How to do to access the content again. Am desperate as there are lots of files within I never backed-up yet...

2. dantz

dantz Registered Member

Something probably overwrote or damaged your header and part of your volume's file system. Most of your data is probably still on the disk. Try using data-recovery software to explore the mounted volume. I'd start with GetDataBack, and if that doesn't get you any results then try TestDisk (which works in an entirely different manner). There are also many other good data-recovery programs out there such as R-Studio, File Scavenger, etc. View some of the other data-recovery threads to get an idea of what people have used successfully.

Be careful not to write anything to the affected disk or volume while you're trying to recover your data.

3. GladGutt

GladGutt Registered Member

Thanks,

Apart from the new volume header, nothing has been written to the disk.

If I knew howto I'd probably make a copy of the entire disk before trying anything. But I'll check the data recovery threads to see.

;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.