Truecrypt - hidden volume - software raid 1 deleted volume - trying to recover hidden volume

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by ComputerFreek, Jan 1, 2015.

1. ComputerFreek

ComputerFreek Registered Member

Hi,

Okay... I have a problem that I created for my self. I created a very large container on my hard drive - 4TB in size. This container was sitting in a Software (Windows) RAID 1 between two 4TB drives. I deleted the volume in Computer Management on accident. Because of this - I'm trying to recover my data. I have run TestDisk and created an image (.dd) file of the drive. I have opened the file (.dd) with WinHex and I see encrypted data. But I have no idea what to do now. And I don't want to risk damaging it. Could someone point me in the right direction.

Thank you so much!

2. ComputerFreek

Update: Using a WinHex- I can see the partitions, (hidden and not hidden). I Copied the partition out to a file. I tried monting the file with the hidden password but it failed.

3. ComputerFreek

Update: Okay- So I can see there is data within the file I created with WinHex. It looks like I need to recover the header file so I can see the information in the hidden volume. How do I do that? I've tried using Test Crypt on the actual drive but it hasn't found anything yet :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.