TrueCrypt discussion thread

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by MrBrian, Dec 30, 2014.

1. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

If you're having a TrueCrypt problem such as corruption issues, you may wish to start a thread at the encryption problems forum instead of using this thread.

----------

From Tor, TrueCrypt, Tails topped the NSA's 'most wanted' in 2012, per newly revealed Snowden leaks:

2. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

I actively use all three of the NSA's most wanted.

TrueCrypt:

In my opinion the TC website disappearing is due to pressure, and I firmly believe that TrueCrypt is rock solid excluding operator errors. All those warnings are merely attempts to scare folks away from the best encryption program ever written for the masses. Again, that is my opinion and I have examined the code for years, although I never discuss specifics in public forums.

Put simply, there are thousands of drives sitting on Law Enforcement evidence shelves. When those drives start getting opened I'll believe there is a problem, but I am betting they never will be.

I feel especially strong on that point if TC is used on Linux systems for volume creation.

Think about this: TrueCrypt is on the "most wanted" list in 2012, and then mysteriously there is an unconfirmed bug found and now the software is worthless? No here is the bug and why, only a comment without proof? I don't think so, and I'll stake and do stake my security on its stability.

*** As MrBrian said when he opened this thread,this is NOT the place for any TC how to stuff. ***

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

While I do see the use of TrueCrypt and the like for encrypting many files and even drives at once, for fewer small files I prefer something like OpenPuff.

4. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

Anything TrueCypt-related is fine with me here :). However, if someone has a specific problem that likely wouldn't interest most other people, a separate thread might be preferable.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.