Truecrypt and data recovery

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by greg32, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greg32

greg32 Registered Member

Hi there, I think I have have it down pat, but just for my sanity, can someone confirm, that if my os fails, all that I need to gain access to the data stored in encrypted files by truecrypt, is that i re-install the software, and as long as I know the password, the data will still be readable? There is nothing I need to backup to be able to use the encrypted data is there, like with windows xp own encryption, where you need to backup your keys and stuff?

Cheers Greg

2. greg32

greg32 Registered Member

Sorry for the bump, but just want to know for sure. I am also curious, with regards to encrypted data, can you just copy it and put backups on other drives with no problems as well? ie, have multiple copies of the virtual volumes which are encrypted? Mainly in particular to to Truecrypt.

Cheers Greg

3. Pollmaster

Pollmaster Guest

No problem. If you have the file and the pass phase.

4. greg32

greg32 Registered Member

Cool, i just wanted a confirmation. So Password is all that matters, and the data itself - lol.
    It's just with windows own ntfs encryption, you need to backup your key and all that crap. I wanted to ensure that same does not apply in anyway to this program.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.