TrueCrypt 3.0 is finally out

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by LockBox, Dec 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

TrueCrypt, the open-source free OTF encryption solution is now available in Version 3.0 and it includes major changes and many improvements.

It now supports hidden containers within containers, new algorithms to compliment the standard AES including Serpent and Twofish. It has much better plausible deniability now, which most commercial products ignore.

The best just got better!
    http://truecrypt.sourceforge.net/

------------

2. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up, Gerard. I did not know 3.0 was around the corner.

Nick

3. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Updated December 11, 2004

TrueCrypt 3.0a Released

Bug fixes:

Data corruption will not occur when data is written to a volume encrypted with Twofish or Serpent while another TrueCrypt volume is mounted (applies also to volumes encrypted using a cascade of ciphers, out of which one is Twofish or Serpent).

Other minor bug fixes

Last edited: Dec 11, 2004
  4. Wraith

Wraith Registered Member

I downloaded this program but am not sure exactly what it is and what it does to my hard drive w/ the partitions and all. The User Guide is 44 pages long, ugh. Can you guys give me a quick run down on what it is, does and how it will affect my computer? I just don't want to register w/ yet another forum. Thanks, lazy Wraith.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.