True Image

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mistycat, Mar 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mistycat

mistycat Registered Member

For several months, the cursor would freeze on the screen about every 1/2 hour for 4-5 seconds and then appear where it would have been moved to. There was also a faint revving sound or a beep{not at the same time or together}. When True Image was uninstalled, it stopped and has not occurred for 2 days, that I have seen. Does this happen when True Image is scanning? Thankyou

2. .Chris

.Chris Registered Member

Probably this:
    First, are you running the latest build 597 of TI7? If not, give it a try. http://www.acronis.com/support/updates

Not too sure its this, but worth a mention:
    Or it could be that you have a slow processor or too many applications constantly accessing the harddrive. What is the speed of your processor? Do you have lots of applications running?

Highly possible reason, based on the last symptom that you mentioned:
    That reving sound is most likely, of the harddrive spinning up. It could be that you've set your harddrive to spin down pretty quickly. So, that could be the most likely reason for your PC to "hang" for those 4 or 5 seconds, since it is waiting for the harddrive to be ready.

You can change the setting from your Control Panel->Performance & Maintenance->Power Options->Power Schemes Tab->Turn off harddisks->Change to appropriate value. (Mine is set to never)

I'm not too sure about the beep though, it could be unrelated.

Hope that covers all the possible reasons for the delay.

3. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hey mistycat

You on Win9x/ME (Windows 95, 98 or ME)?

4. mistycat

mistycat Registered Member

I am running Windows XP Pro and I have the latest update for TI7{597}. I have an AMD Athlon XP 2400+. I don't have many applications running and they were shut down in msconfig to see if that helped. My setting to shut down the hard disks is after 3 minutes. and has been for a long time; possibly a year. I will set it to never and see if that helps. The beep does coincide with the freeze. Don't know, but that seems to be the only time I hear it Thankyou for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.