True Image WS 9.1 reboots computer during restore via Acronis Boot CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by GottaRegisterDang, Feb 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GottaRegisterDang

GottaRegisterDang Registered Member

I was able to get my True Image backups completed (as posted in a previous post which took quiet a few hours), and now am in the process of testing them, which has brought up other issues..

Anyone have issues with True image True image 9.1 workstation (build 3886) and restoring backups made (with and without Universal Restore enabled)?

Basically I’m testing restoring an image made, to the same machine and another machine using Universal restore

Using the Acronis boot CD, I can select the source image (from a network shared), and select the destination partition; but right after than Acronis Reboots.

I’ve tried restoring without Universal restore enabled with the same results (reboots)

The strange thing, is that I have been able to backup and restore the same sort of hardware configuration using Acronis True Image SOHO 9.1 without any issues with the latest build.

Machine specs

Windows XP Pro with SP2, 915 P4 Dual core 3.4 ghz on a Asus P5LD2 with the onboard PCI Express Gigabit Marvell 88N8053 Network card, AX300SE ATI PCI express video, onboard Intel ICH7R sata controller with 2 gig of memory (Pc 5300 Syncmax memory configured as dual channel). I’ve tried different SATA modes (IDE Emmulation, ICH7R sata, and mirrored raid with exactly the same results)

Maybe the lasted build of True Image is more flaky than previous (kinda looks like that from the posts I’ve read)?

If the latest version is more flaky, then has anyone had any luck with Earlier versions of True Image 9.1

Thanks

Paul

2. GottaRegisterDang

update:

Strange stuff. After playing around a bit more, TI 9.1 WS now seems to work without reboot when using the Acronis Boot disk

Things that were done which may of helped (but can't say for certain)

1) Restored the image using TI 9.0 Home 1st to the drive
    2) Disabling unused onboard Mass storage device controllers
    3) Switching Physical SATA ports (but later switched them back)

I was wondering if there was any possibility that booted True Image 9.1 WS would read the device configuration off the drive (from the static os on the drive), to better account for the mass stoarge hardware? (I can't see this being true; but you never know)

paul

3. GottaRegisterDang

Another update.

Still have the reboot issue; but I've narrowed it down.

Looks like True image Workstation 9.1 is rebooting during restoring a windows 2000 based OS formatted as FAT32 (OS were inline upgraded from windows 98 a few years ago)

I've tried 2 different machines (configured simmilarly) and the exact same thing happens

4. GottaRegisterDang

What OS's does TI 9.1 WS with Universal restore support

Anyone have a link or details on what OS's are supported under Universal Restore? I haven't had much luck locating details on this.

Got it working with Windows XP PRO SP2 (at least I think I did)

But it dumps when I've tested under Windows 2000 Pro SP4

Thanks

Paul

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello GottaRegisterDang,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please make sure you have recreated Acronis Bootable Rescue Media using the latest build. To check the build used in Acronis Bootable Rescue Media boot with it, choose full version and go to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

If that does not help, please collect some information to let us investigate the issue thoroughly:

Please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post (on the system you're trying to restore).

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. GottaRegisterDang

Hi

Just a small note to let you know that I haven't done anything futher with the issue as the machine was allocated somewhere else with a fresh install of Window XP

If the issue comes up again in the future, then I'll look to capture information at the point in time when it happens

Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.