True Image Workstation 9.1 Universal Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jp10558, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp10558

jp10558 Registered Member

I have a sysprepped image from a single processor virtual machine that I have attempted to restore with Universal restore to a Lenovo T60p.

I pointed universal restore to the drivers over the network as provided from Driver Genius 2006.

Universal Restore claimed to have completed successfully.

The system booted and ran Sysprep.

As sysprep completed, and rebooted, the system now only bluescreens with this error: Stop 0x0000007B.

Any ideas how it was able to do minisetup, but now Bluescreens on boot? Any ideas on how to manage this successfully? Maybe an image without sysprep?

Sysprep by itself didn't work here as I got the same error prior to trying universal restore.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jp10558,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that Microsoft System Preparation Tool (Sysprep) permits replacing drivers only for Plug-and-Play devices (sound cards, network adapters, video cards etc.). If you change, for example, a motherboard or use another processor version, the restored system could be unbootable. Using Microsoft System Preparation Tool (Sysprep) does not solve this problem. In this cases Acronis Universal Restore can be used as a solution for hardware-independent system restoration. You can find more information about using Acronis Universal Restore in conjunction with Sysprep in chapter 3.7.3 "Acronis Universal Restore and Microsoft Sysprep" in the Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation User's Guide.

As for the issue you have experienced, please clarify the following:

- Did you create an image of the entire hard drive or an image of the system partition only?

- Did you restore the image of the entire drive or the image of the system partition only?

- What version of Windows operation system you have imaged?

- What is the exact error message you have received? When exactly have you received it?

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.