True image working-not working-notworking ...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by laylikki, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laylikki

laylikki Registered Member

I have bougth True Images 6,7,8 wrokstation versions. Always the never version because of problems in the current version and hoping after buying the new one problems are gone, but no. Half a year ago I made an image (19GB) with v8 and now I wanted to browse the image. I select the image to browse and press next, but nothing happens, press again, same result, restart the program, no way. I downloaded v 10 home test. That worked with the image but with another imgage I got an error "Cannot assing drive letter.." (or something, I have German version). LUCKY I was I had a HD where I could restore the image.
    I would like to user True Image because I like German more, but to be on the safe side I always make an image with Ghost also, that has never during the 5(?) years failed. So what version to buy to be absolutely sure to be able to restore (and browse) the images. What makes me think at least twice is the validation function. What is this for. The image should ALWAYS be VALID (do you agree??). So why to validate, there is no such function in Ghost, isn't there. So should I validate immediately after taking the image and retake if invalid or should I validate the image after a year before restore and find out it is invalid. Or shoud I validate it every now and then. I have also one valid image, which I cannot restore.
    The amount of money I have spent to True Images is not much but if I use that as the only backup and when needed it fails, that will cost a lot more. E.g. to build the opertaing system partition from sratch I have to feed some 15-20 CDs in addition to the programs I have bought from internet and are on in HD. Last time it took only 2 days (could not restore True Image 6 image).
    I do not have the last build of v8, I tried to download it but the link does not work, not supprising.
    In last DatorMagazin (4/2007) True Image 10 Home got "Best in test" grade. They have probably read the ads and made some small test, in real life the results could be different.
    In my 25 years with computer programs True Image is the most unreliable program. (My friend claims that DelpiPHP beta one day test version is more unreliable, I doubt).

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

You said Ghost has never failed you. Why do you want to use a different program?

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

It'd be a good and lucky thing if he didn't have any trouble with it -- ever try to get help with Ghost? UGH! It's the original reason I left Ghost for Acronis.

I'm surprised that aperson is apparently complaining about a function that he doesn't use. Also, atht the person apparently hasn't read the manual, which often makes using a tool more difficult than it needs to be.

4. laylikki

laylikki Registered Member

Why to buy another program. Why to buy something new. True Image promised quite a lot more compared to Ghost 8 or older versions. As I told I also like somehow German language and products.

Who does not read the manual? I am reading some 2000-3000 pages professional boooks a yoar in addition ot the helps and manuals, so I think I am in that respect an average TI professional, or?

"I'm surprised that aperson is apparently complaining about a function that he doesn't use"

What does that mean, support from Acronis, maybe. I have asked suppert from Acronis several times with earlies version but as I said I have been using Gost mainly lately. I have sent at least twice that result of the program they every now and then ask to run in case of problems.

Back to the original subject.
    Because TI10 Home did open (mount) the image I decided to upgrade my TI8 to TI9 because TI9 is "corporate" version and TI10 ONLY home one and the program came to a company. I was not very supprised, when the new version (9) could not mount the image. Earlier in newer version old problems were fixed, now you have to wait 2 versions or more.

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

In twenty words or less, what exactly is the problem?

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello laylikki,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please describe the issue you experience in more details?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

- Have you received any error messages? What exact error messages? When exactly have you received them?

Please also note that Acronis True Image can mount an image archive only if all its volumes reside in the same folder. If your archive spans several CD\DVD discs and you wish to mount the image, you need to copy all volumes into a single folder on a local or networked hard disk drive.

If you already have contacted Acronis Support Team on this issue, please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter. I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going and provide you with the further instructions, if needed.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.