true image -> VMware

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by stampertje, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stampertje

stampertje Registered Member

I want to restore an image made on a physical server 2003 to a vmware pc......

I booted my virtual windows xp machine and mounted the virtual disk i want to use for my virtual windows 2003 server. But when i wanted to select the drive to restore to both virtual drives were greyed-out.

I also tried to use the BartPE bootcd with the acronis extension. It had the same problem.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello stampertje,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that Acronis True Image 8.0 does not support VMware, so it can not work with it's virtual drives.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. controler

controler Guest

The VMware 5.5 Beta is suppose to support Ghost 9.0

Wonder if 5.5 will work with TruImage also?

controler

4. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

Re: Image Restore Taking Forever (18 hours so far)

That would be awesome... Cross your fingers for VMWare support and Virtual PC support...

5. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Read and follow closely the Vmware instructions for doing this and use the VMware special assistant tool for this purpose. TI version 8 and VMware work fine for this.

6. it works with the boot cd.

i restored my winxp machine into a vmware image of itself just by booting from the cd and restoring from a network share.

god knows why you'd restore using a running operating system instead of the good old boot cd....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.