True Image v8.0 is a true winner

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Victor W, Aug 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victor W

Victor W Guest

Hello,

I just want to post my experience so far with TI v8.0 for Windows.

I was looking for server & desktop backup solution which does not involve any tape drive, and of course I prefer to have all the PCs backup while they are running.

Ghost is not even considered & V2i Protector seems perfect for what I need.
    I so get used to V2i v1.1 but only for server system, then the version 2.0 came out with both Desktop & Server which is a dream come true.

One thing I really hate about the newer version is the bloody boot CDROM. It is so slooooooow booting into the PowerQuest PE. But since restoring systems breakdown happened just once in a while. Hell, I just accept it and live with it.

I then seek out to find the Linux solution. This is when I came across Acronis True Image. No, I haven't use the Linux version yet. I borrow the TI v8.0 (both Desktop & Server Edition) from my friend and setup a test enviroment to see how TI v8.0 compare to V2i.

I quickly astonish by 2 things:
    1. The memory occupied by TI in background is soooo small compare to V2i. That is 17 MB for V2i and less than 10 MB (I think...) for TI.
    2. The TI boot CD is 1000% faster than V2I. Well I think that make sense since the TI boot CD method is quite the same with DriveImage below v7.0, which don't use WinPE. But the main things is it get the jobs done.

What I would like to see is TI boot CD can utilize external drivers (RAID, NIC etc.) Fortunately, in my Test lab TI recognized all my PCs drivers right out of the box where V2i have failed (without putting additional drivers).

Kudos to all Acronis Team!

(Now I need to evaluate the Linux version... :) Hope I can borrow the full version one soon)

Until next time.

VW

2. wings

wings Registered Member

Code:
    True Image v8.0 is a true winner 
    Just because it the CD boots faster and because the program uses 7 MB less makes it a true winner? C'mon dude, you can do a better review like that! :D

3. LXC

LXC Registered Member

What were the hardware components, system configuration and OS that you used to evaluate TI8? If your system had a SATA HD and you could run any task from the boot CD without a system hang it would be interesting.

- LXC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.