True Image update does not install

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Gattaca, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gattaca

Gattaca Registered Member

Hi,
    I am using True Image 11. Yesterday I downloaded the last update built 8064. I was asked to deinstall the last built and to start the installation routine again. Hurray, both the update as well the original from cd do not install anymore. The routine runs through to a certain point and than deinstalls everything again. The acronis FAQ database advice was not sufficient, I am not able to install the programm again. Can anybody help ? THX in advance.

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

3. GroverH

Another option would be to restore a TrueImage archive and then try a normal add/remove un-install. Since you had trouble, you could then check some of the manual remove options. It might also help if you stoped the 3 acronis services before un-installing.

4. MTX

MTX Registered Member

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  5. Gattaca

ThanX to all of you, however I have still the same problem. Unbelievable. I cannot find any trace of the program but neither the original software nor the update installs. I will keep on trying. Nice if there are some more ideas. regards.

6. GroverH

7. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Gattaca, have you checked your hidden temp folder?

Lots of installers and logs are kept here which are supposed to be deleted by Windows, but aren't. TI is very sensitive to aborted install files living in th efolder.

A clear out is suggested - by the way the files upsetting TI aren't necessarily TI files.

If you haven't already, make sure you can view all files and folders as well as system folder and point your mouse at;

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER_NAME\Local Settings\Temp

Colin

8. Ray Clare

Ray Clare Registered Member

When I first installed Acronis 11 on Vista Home Basic, I encountered this problem. I had forgotten to disable my virus checking program. Once I did, it installed without problems, and the latest update did as well.

Maybe this will help you.

9. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Where did that update come from? 8053 is the only one listed on the updates page. I know that Acronis Tech Support has been providing iso files from versions 8064 and others to folks that can't get 8053 to see all their harddrives for restores, but I hadn't heard that the whole program, in that build number, was released.

sh

10. Gattaca

Hi, thanks to all of you again. With your help and some input from the acronis support team even on saturday !!!!! I was able to fix the problem. Maybe its worthwhile to summarize the solution:

cmd scandisk c: /r

deinstallation of acronis true image home 11 via windows xp control panel/software

deactivation of the firewall and antivirus software

deletion of all files in c:\documents..\user\local....\temp (thanks to colin)

In addition I run the manual deinstallation recommened by YOU and acronis

Whow, what an effort. However its working again.

Best regards

Gattaca

11. Gattaca

Hi shieber,

I got the built via the common way, ie. acronis support and download center. Download time on jan 2, 08. Is it an update for the german version ati home 11 only ?

12. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Ah! The current build numbers for the German and the English builds are diff. I don't know if the builds are diff (other than the language employed), but the build numbers are definitely diff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.