True Image Startup Tasks

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kdfrawg, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdfrawg

kdfrawg Registered Member

I work very hard to keep automatically run startup tasks out of my system. They can cause a lot of problems, besides using system resources. Acronis True Image starts two such tasks: Acronis Scheduler2 Service and TrueImageMonitor.exe. Windows has a scheduler; why to I need another one? What does TrueImageMonitor.exe do, exactly.

And why do I need either one of them to load automatically. To me, this is an on-demand product.

Thanks!

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I have been through the phase of keeping as much as possible out of automatic start ups etc. That is until I realised that useful processes that loaded at start up are in many cases shunted off to the page file thereby consuming virtually no resources until they are actually required.
    My own start ups are; Firewall, Anti-virus, Graphics tablet and True image. I leave all these alone since I want the full functionality from each.
    A search of this forum and or reference to the FAQs will tell you what each of the TI modules actually does.

Xpilot

3. kdfrawg

Thanks for the reply. However, I have been in this business for 30 years and have been through all the phases long ago. This is not one of them. My questions remain:

1. Why can't this program use the XP scheduler? Does it have internal needs that cannot be addressed? If I do not plan to run scheduled backups, is there any reason to have this service running 24 x 7?
    2. What is the exact purpose of the TrueImageMonitor? What is it monitoring? Why does it need to do that 24 x 7?

I bought this program to clone a drive in order to increase available space on my boot drive. Secondarily, I will use it to perform backups to a 250GB drive that I maintain for that purpose. Occasionally I will burn a data-only DVD backup. It does not appear that either of the two programs that are being automatically started and run lend any utility to either of those purposes.

The faqs did not address these issues. The first several pages of forum search returns did not address these issues in any way that was meaningful to my specific use of the program. That is why I asked the question.

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

5. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

6. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Oops ! The Weaze, Your links do not work for me! Perhaps its Old Age !!

Xpilot

7. kdfrawg

< shrug > We approach memory usage differently.

Thanks for the link, although not for the belittling comments.

I now know that they are there because someone decided they had to be, for better or worse.

8. TheWeaz

" ... I essentially am not in madness, but mad in craft."

Weren't meant to work :D

9. TheWeaz

“However, I have been in this business for 30 years and have been through all the phases long ago. This is not one of them.”

Pompous begets belittling.

10. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hey everyone let's keep from getting personal, ok? Anything more posted here shouldn't include any personal remarks.

11. albert0346

albert0346 Registered Member

Hello,

I have another TI startup task not mentioned in this thread and also not on the forum:

timountermonitor.exe

Does anyone know what this one is for?

I have to say that I upgraded from TI 7 PE to TI 9 German version, perhaps that's the reason it's not mentioned in this forum.

Albert

12. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Hi Albert,

Here is the explanation for that Service.:)

Timountermonitor.exe observes the tasks concerning an image mounting (exploring).
    These programs are not required by Acronis True Image to perform its tasks, and can be terminated if you think it occupies too much memory, but you will loose the ability to control running Acronis True Image tasks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.