True Image Server for Windows - Build 786 Troubles

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by schmalho, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schmalho

schmalho Registered Member

I tried to upgrade to this new "True Image Server for Windows-Build 786" on a Windows Server 2003-Enterprise Edition machine and it compelete fails with the message:

"Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image. Unfortunately the program cannot continue because an error occurred."

After this I cannot run True Image Server on this machine. Tried to uninstall it and then re-install the previous build, but I now get the same message on the older build. I have spoken to Acronis support and they said they are "working on it" and a new build. They also gave me a list of about 30 steps to manually remove the product that they said "should" allow me to re-install an old build.

Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone found a work-around to this problem? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Greg

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. schmalho

Thank you. I will give it a try and report back.

Thanks,
    Greg

4. schmalho

Andrew,

I installed the new SnapAPI you provided and the driver installed fine, but after the reboot the full True Image Server software install failed with the same message I reported earlier.

Error message: "Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image. Unfortunately the program cannot continue because an error occurred."

This is a terrible situation for your product! It is a fully paid for license of your product and an officially released build(786) upgrade that renders the product un-useable on this server. Please provide a solution.

Thank you,
    Greg

5. Acronis Support

Hello schmalho,

Have you written to support@acronis.com? If so please tell your Acronis request #.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. schmalho

The Acronis support incident number is: #177458. Any help you can provide would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks,
    Greg

7. Acronis Support

Hello schmalho,

Anton Sherkhonov will send you the instructions soon.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the solution of the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. jlnoireau

jlnoireau Guest

Hello,

I’ve read your forum to find a solution for my problem is I can’t install Acronis True Image build 786 on Windows 2003 server Enterprise Edition, with or without install of SnapAPI before or after failed installation of Acronis True Image. The problem does persist. Please help us to have a save of our server with your product, is very URGENT.

9. Acronis Support

Hello schmalho,

Our Development Team is wirking on this problem. We expect it to be solved soon. You will recieve a message with the possible solution in a couple of day.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

10. Acronis Support

Hello jlnoireau,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image Server (http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATISWin/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

We expect this problem to be solved soon. Please send the description of your problem (or a link to this thread) to support@acronis.com and indicate that you want to contact Ilya Toytman. I will try to help you.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

11. jlnoireau

jlnoireau Guest

RE: [Acronis #187389] Impossible to install Acronis True Image buid 786

Hello,

I'm surprise I explain I've a simple problem, I can't install my product TI 8 for windows server build 786 on a Ms Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition. When I install TI, all files are correctly installed on Program diles\trueimage directoty and at the end of the installation a Acronis windows with the Error message : "Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image. Unfortunately the program cannot continue because an error occurred." Just when I click on the confirmation button, all files and the directory \Program Files\Acronis is deleted...!!!

If I try to reboot to reinstall, upgrade the new SnapAPI, after a lot of reboot, uninstall and reinstall... The problem persist

I CAN'T INSTALL ACRONIS TRUE IMAGE 8 SERVER !

The same problem like user schmalho, he has described on forum on January 5th, 2005, 09:48 AM with the topic "True Image Server for Windows - Build 786 Troubles" that you can read. May be Anton Sherkhonov had given the solution to user schmalho ?

12. Acronis Support

Hello all,

I am glad to tell you that this installation problem is fixed in the latest (791) build of Acronis True Image 8.0 Server. This build will be released soon and you will be able to download it from http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/.

Dear jlnoireau, I have contacted Konstantin Karikov and you will get an e-mail from him soon. Please check your e-mail box.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

13. schmalho

I have installed the new build 791 (as provided by Acronis support) and it does resolve the problem! Thank you for your efforts.

Greg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.