True Image Server for Windows and Terminal Services

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by schmalho, Jan 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schmalho

schmalho Registered Member

Seems that my True Image Server for Windows 8.0 does not run the scheduled backup jobs on my Windows 2000 Server (with Terminal Services in Application Mode). I am able to run the manually, but the scheduled jobs do not run. Also, it looks like there are a lot of True Image tasks listed in the Task Manager. I'm not sure if it is compatible with Terminal Services - Application Mode.

Are there any settings I need to make for it to be compatible with Terminal Services? Please help.

Thanks,
    Greg

2. schmalho

Does Acronis Support have any comment as to any special settings that are needed for Windows 2000 Server running in Terminal Services Application mode to be compatible with Acronis True Image Server for Windows 8.0? Is this supported? Are there any special settings or recommendations that are needed?

Thanks,
    Greg

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello schmalho,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Acronis True Image 8.0 Server should work with Terminal Services Application Mode.

Could you please do the following:

- Download the http://www.acronis.com/files/support/schedmgr.exe file;
    - Start the Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;
    - Run the following command in the folder you saved the file to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Send the created schedreport.txt file to support@acronis.com along with the description of the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. schmalho

Ilya Toytman,

I did as you recommended. If there is any followup that you can do with Acronis support that would be appreciated. Thank you for your help.

Thanks,
    Greg

5. A|ex

A|ex Registered Member

i would like to mention that windows 2000 and terminal services does not stop acronis from working. Previous version of acronis true image server had problems with the schedule but a update of the program fixed all of them issues. You may not have the schedule set up correctly

6. anon

anon Guest

The multiple versions of monitor running for each user are caused by the TrueImageMonitor.exe executable being placed into the common registry key.[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    , so every user fires it off at login.

Move this to administrators ( or other service accounts, used for this purpose)
    equivalent registry key.
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    Acronis*True*Image Monitor=e:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage\TrueImageMonitor.exe

or c:\program files .....if installed on there.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello schmalho,

If you don't get any response for 48 hours please send me a PM with your Acronis request # (it will be sent to you as an autoreply) and I will deal with it.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. schmalho

Anon,

Thank you for this information. I will give it a try as it does seem like it might be related to some of my trouble with Terminal Services. Thank you for your helpful post.

Thanks,
    Greg

9. schmalho

Anon and All,
    True Image Server for Windows 8.0-791 now seems to be functioning and scheduling properly. Here is what I did:

I removed TIS 8.0 and re-innstalled the latest build that was provided by Acronis Support (8.0-build 791), but made sure I installed it using Add/Remove Programs and also installed it "only for this user" - Administrator and not for all users. Allowing all users access may have contributed to the scheduling problems and I'm not sure if I originally installed via Add/Remove Programs or not. (Both of these install changes should "help" be compatible with the Terminal Services environment).

Thank you,
    Greg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.