True Image - Replacing Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jbmoar, Jul 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

Hello,I Am Having Problems With A Second Computer I Have,Is The Hard Drive So I Will Be Replacing With A New Maxtor Drive So My Question Is:

My Current Drive Is A IBM 7200 RPM - 8MB Cashe - 80GB
    The New Drive I Have Purchased Is A Maxtor 7200 RPM - 8MB Cashe - 80GB

The Question Is : Can I Use My Created Image (True Image :cool: Of The IBM Drive Whole Drive Partition And Restore This Image To The New Maxtor Drive

I Prefer To Use True Image Restore Rather Than Disk Clone As I've Heard Their Are A Few Problem With Disk Clone

Or If Not Possible To Use The Restore Partition Can I Use The Image File And Choose Restore Drive Excluding Partition?

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Yes. That's what you want to do. The size or brand of hard drive doesn't matter.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jbmoar,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Yes, you can use the "Create Image" wizard to create an image and then restore it to the new hard drive.

We recommend you to use the "Clone Disk" wizard. Please disconnect one of the drives after cloning because Windows may work improperly when it finds two identical drives.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.