True Image on Windows 98, Fatal Exception

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TomCycle, Sep 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomCycle

TomCycle Registered Member

I am trialing True Image 9.0 build 2247. The product works fine. Only problem I encounter is when shutting down (Start/Shutdown) I get a blue screen with:
    "A fatal exception OE has occurred at (various locations depending on drive installed). The current application will be terminated."

.... Press any key to continue. this results in the Windows is Shutting down screen which is hung.

I then have to manually reboot by Alt/Ctrl/Del.

When I remove True Image, the problem goes away. I've tried locating Ture Image on different drives (C and then D on same hard drive) no change.

Is this a know problem? What could be my problem here?

I'm running Windows98 second edition.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tom,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please re-download and re-install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 (using the same link, but it should be build 2273) and see if the problem still persists?

If the problem still persists then please collect the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Find the full version name and build number as it is shown here;

- Make a screen shot or use a digital camera to make a shot of the error message.

Please also start DrWatson on your computer. To do this choose Run from Start menu, type "drwatson" in the dialog box and press Enter. Upon the crash choose open in the crash message box and choose Save from file menu. Pick up the saved file from \Windows\Drwatson folder and send it to us.

Send all the collected files and information to support@acronis.com along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.