True Image Home v9.3633 - Can't Schedule Backup On XP Home

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dblayout, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dblayout

dblayout Registered Member

I just installed the new version of True Image Home edition, v9.3633. I go through th eprocess of creating a scheduled event and it says it is scheduled. I go check the XP schedular and it is NOT there. It is also not being run aty the scheduled time. I am keying in th euserid & password correctly so that is not it. Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks
    Chris

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

“I go check the XP schedular and it is NOT there”

I don’t believe TI uses the XP scheduler; it has its own.
    Have you checked the TI log for any error messages?

3. dblayout

Yes. The log says it ran fine. But nothing was actually done. I also checked the Services to make sure the Acronis Service was running, and it is. The prior version of True Image worked perfectly on this machine. Any other ideas?

4. TheWeaz

I would go back and check all the selections in the task; search for the file name used; see what happens when running the task manually. And check for all the services - schedhlp, schedul2, timounterMonitor & TrueImageMonitor

5. dblayout

The items you mentioned (schedhlp, schedul2, timounterMonitor & TrueImageMonitor) do not exist in my list of services. There is only Acronis Scheduler2 Service. The task runs fine if I do it manually. This is frustrating. Thanks fo ryour help though!!!

Chris

6. TheWeaz

See if those show up in Task Manager ...
    Gotta run, be offline for awhile.

7. dblayout

Yes, they are all in the task manager. We can 'talk' later.

Thanks
    Chris

8. TheWeaz

Well, if all the tasks are running, there are no errors in the log and the backup works when run manually, I’m stumped at the moment.
    Sorry.

9. TheWeaz

The other thing you might try is to delete the task and rebuild it.

10. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Absolutely, ATI Home does NOT use the Windows Task Scheduler. They designed ATI to use it's own, reportedly becauseit might be more secure.

You can use the Win Task Scheduler but it's cumbsersome to set up. Once set up, it works like a charm, even waking a computer from S3 Standby to run the task is possible.

sh

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello shieber,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please try to perform the actions described in this post. If the issue persists, please collect schedreport.txt and schedul2.log mentioned in the same post and submit a request for technical support. Also create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.