True Image Home v11.0.8053 BUGs !!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jojo54, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jojo54

jojo54 Registered Member

Hello,
    First, thank you for your very good program !
    I remark 2 minors bugs in True Image Home v11.0.8053 :

- The bar progress for all operations is wrong : second bar progress for all operations progression reinitialize with every new operations ! (true since always)
    - When i open a save .tib directly via explorer (win xp pro sp2), the time stamp for files and directories are wrong (winter and summer hour's changements). For exemple, for 8:25:45, it's indicates 9:25:45 (or 7:25:45) !

Thanks for your explanations !

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

The bar progress problem has been reported to Acronis, and they keep saying they have fixed it - but we all know it still doesn't work. :)

As for your second point, are you saying that an image is showing the files with the time it was imaged, rather than the current time?

If so, if you've just mounted the image, I would expect that. If you are restoring the image, I'm not sure what I'd expect. Never thought about that.

Colin

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Yes, "Acronis time" is off by one hour in the USA. Don't know why; we thought it had something to do with Daylight Saving but it's off whether Daylight Saving is in effect or not. Is Acronis counting the first hour as 1 instead of 0? You bet. Is that wrong; only if 2+2 = 4. It's the new Math; it's less is more; it's a sooner is later kind of thing.

But this oddity only shows up in the time portion of the name in auto-named files. The time stamps aren't affected--at least not the way ATI performs on any machines on which I've tried it.

There is an option to be able to restore files with the restore time or the file's original time.

4. Da Gopha

Da Gopha Registered Member

It's peculiar - with the original build, it never worked for me. But with 8053, it *sometimes* works accurately with a quantitative percentage, time estimation - everything that I was used to in True Image 8-9-10!

Perhaps they're getting there in fixing it, and 8053 is a halfway house to having it properly reinstated. I'm a little disappointed to be honest. But as long as the backups are being done properly, I guess it doesn't matter too much.

I usually get it going, and go off and have a cuppa and a nice juicy profiterole or something.

Is there anyplace we can send feedback to *insist* that the progress bar is still up the proverbial spout?

Kind regards,
    Gopha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.