True Image home: I think I'll give up

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Brjlk, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brjlk

Brjlk Registered Member

I have already downloaded True Image 3 times.

1) On clicking on the download link last month and connect to internet to be able to install. But couldn't install
    2) From a private message link (The version is incompatible with my Win 98 SE)
    3) One again from the download link yesterday, Build 3666.
    On connecting to internet still cannot install the latest version.

I got an email from Acronis sales department, asking me to buy the product.
    But how can I buy something that cannot even install after 3 downloads (24 hours dial up connection)?
    Once again, why is it so difficult to try/buy you product?

BTW, I have already paid for half the price of the product, in internet connection fee.

John

Last edited: Jul 1, 2006
  2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

What symptoms are you getting when the installation fails ?

F

3. Brjlk

Brjlk Registered Member

When I do: Start/Programs/Acronis/True Image Home, program is not launched.

John

4. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

John,

1) Is there anything in the event log.

2) If you right click/properties on the shortcut which should launch ATI, what is the path and filename given to the executable?

3) What happens if you use explorer and try to launch the executable given above by double-clicking it directly.

4) Could you clarify what OS you are using.

F

5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

There is another thread somewhere around here on the same topic - Acronis have answered that the non instantiation of TI in 98se and Millenium is a known problem and has been fixed in the next version.

They state that it is still going through testing - so I reckon anything between 3 days and a week and a bit before you see the corrected build.

Colin

6. Brjlk

Brjlk Registered Member

I have read the thread. Here it is https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=767892&postcount=10
    and Acronis support says:-
    "The point is that the issue with Acronis True Image (builds 3625 and higher) not launching under Windows 98/ME is already known and will be fixed in the next build of a particular product. Please accept our apologies for the current inconvenience."
    So 3666 is the next build, isn't it?

John

7. Brjlk

Brjlk Registered Member

1) What's this?
    2) "C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImage.exe"
    3) Nothing happens
    4) Win 98 SE

John

8. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Don't know when Acronis wrote that but the current build is 3677.

In your latest reply, the Event Viewer is not present in W98SE.

9. Brjlk

Brjlk Registered Member

Well, if Acronis can confirm that 3677 will run on Win 98 SE, I'll give a last try.

John

10. Tmod

Tmod Registered Member

I can confirm that version 3666 and 3677 both work on Windows 98SE as I am running 3677 at the moment and was running 3666.

Trying to get a link from Acronis is a pain in the butt as they kept sending me the link for version 3633 which didn't work with 98SE but I will be damned if I could convince them of that.

I think TI has alot of promise but the tech support really sucks.

Tmod

11. Brjlk

Brjlk Registered Member

I believe that the download link did not direct me to the latest version.
    So before I try another 75 MB download, I want to make sure Acronis will send me the correct link to 3677, otherwise I'll join the club of ex-future TI users like the guy below:-
    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1004&thread=19038328.
    See 5th message from top:-
    "Thats what I am after, I am just trying to start up Acronis trial software, it does not like my address registration so I will try a few others.
    Kevin Coppalotti"

John

12. Tmod

Tmod Registered Member

You are probably 100% correct as I downloaded ATI about 10 different times before a tech that did not suffer from rectal cranial inversion sent me the correct link.

Ok I just checked the download and it claims it is version 3677 but it is really version 3633. So they STILL haven't fixed the link for the trial version.

And I am sure you know that 3633 will NOT work on Windows 98SE.

It just amazes me that they can't even support a pre-sale problem.

Oh the problem with the e-mail may be your provider has placed their address in the spam box and it gets killed, It happened to me.

I sent you a PM.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2006
  13. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

1 message intended for private communication removed. Please keep private communications in the private message feature.

14. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello John and Tmod,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

To John: I have sent you the link to download build 3677 of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home trial version via Private Message. This build works on Windows 98/ME without any problems.

To Tmod:

Could you please clarify the problem? Please provide us with the detailed information and we will try to help you.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3677.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

15. Tmod

Tmod Registered Member

I really don't know how much clearer I can make it.

You report that the download link for the trial version of TI Home 9.0 is 3677 when in reality it is 3633.

So if a person that is running Windows 98 wants to try TI and thinks they are getting Build 3677 they are getting 3633 which doesn't work on Windows 98.

All you need to do is upload the correct trial version to the server that corresponds with the Build you are claiming it is.

Not a real difficult task and you could probably have it done in under two minutes.

If you still cannot understand what I am saying you will have to figure it out on your own as nothing I can do or say will make you understand.

16. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Perhaps at Acronis end they are convinced that the correct version has been uploaded - especially as no one else has reported this problem after the initial upload error.

In other parts of the forum it has been mentioned that some people got the incorrrect build number in the about box - because they needed to uninstall the previous version before installing the new one.

Why some people who have already updated from the version waaay back that caused this particular anomaly - still have that problem I don't know - but they do.

Seems a little rude or is that the result of frustration - or just a jab at born non English speakers?

Colin

17. Tmod

Tmod Registered Member

I am not taking a jab at anyone personally.

About the rude comment, Well try going through 8 support people that have no idea what link they are sending you to and you spending the time to download it.

What good is support if they can't even figure out what version they are recommending you to download, And to top that off it is the version that doesn't work on your operating system.

I do uninstall TI before trying the updated versions, So that is not the problem. Also if you right click on the file and click properties you can see the build number that way.

I am just calling it like I see it.

Tmod

18. Brjlk

Brjlk Registered Member

Maybe Acronis could do something like this:
    http://adarian.com/download/index.html
    Indication of version, build number & note about each build by clicking on the H

Adarian Money: excellent program, excellent support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.