True Image Home 9.0 on customers PC

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tony1, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tony1

tony1 Registered Member

I have Acronis True Image Home 9.0 for my PC at home. Now, I would like to buy it for a second time. This version, I need for the customers of my new firm. It´s like that: When I come to a customer who has a computer problem which I only can solve by changing important system settings, I want to have an image before this action to be sure, that I can recover the system if the change fails. This image, I want to create with the bootable True Image CD because I do not want to install True Image on a customers PC. The image should be saved on my USB hard drive. Before I leave the customer, I will always delete the image.
    Now my question: May I do that like that?

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

AFAIK, you need a license for each machine you run TI on whether or not you use the Windows version or the CD version and delete the image.

You might want to talk to Acronis sales and see if they have some special pricing/license for your situation.

3. tony1

tony1 Registered Member

Thank you for your answer. But in this form, that´s wrong, Acronis definitely allows changing the PC without buying a new TI license, it´s a full version. A version, where I mustn´t do that, is a recovery version or something like that, but not a full version. If I have a full version of Windows, Microsoft Office or other software, I can change the PC without buying a new license, I only mustn´t have it on more then one PC installed at the same time. And with TI, it´s the same, I know people, who have done that after asking Acronis, if they may do that. It´s only the question, if there is something special in my activity, which is a problem for this.

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I see what you are getting at but I have never seen a response saying it's OK but the circumstances may not have been exactly the same as yours. Acronis will hopefully reply and clear it up.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tony1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Actually, seekforever is right. According to Acronis software licensing policy, you should purchase one copy of Acronis program per every computer where it will be used.

However, we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase. We also provide special pricing\licensing for our OEM, reselling and other partners.

Note that you are not eligible to resell or integrate Acronis products into your own production without signing the appropriate agreement.

In case you are planning to purchase many copies (10 or more) or use Acronis software under some special conditions, please contact our Sales Team by filling up the corresponding online form available at the Purchase Acronis Corporate Solutions page of Acronis web site.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.