True Image Home 2009 Error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by robertc, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robertc

robertc Registered Member

I just installed True Image Home 2009 on my new HP computer. I am running Vista Home Premium 64 bit. Immediately after installing TIH 2009, I proceeded to attempt an image of my entire hard drive using the default settings on the wizard that starts automatically (I think it was the one-click protection) when running TIH 2009 for the first time. After starting, the TIH 2009 indicated that it needed to reboot my computer to proceed. It ran for about 30 minutes prior to loading windows and stopped with the following error (before loading windows):

OPERATION ERROR: INTERNAL ERROR: FREE BLOCK COUNT TOO BIG

I waited for several minutes as there was no instruction for what I should do next. I hit the enter key and the program continued to do some stuff and then started windows. However, before windows started it had to do a disk check for some reason.

Can someone help me out with this error and what I should do? Thanks.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Is this problem while using the rescue CD or from within windows itself?

Just puzzled about the ' and then started windows '.

Colin

3. Abaris

Abaris Registered Member

It looks like it tried to create Acronis Secure Zone.
    Do you remember which location One-Click Protection prompted? I suspect that it was Acronis Secure Zone. In this case it would reboot to create the Secure zone before actual backup. It looks that something went wrong at that point.
    You can check if ASZ was created on Protection State page of True Image or by the means of Windows' Disk Management.
    If it's indeed there, validate the backup on it to check that it's not broken.

4. robertc

Thanks for your response. I'm afraid I don't understand a lot of what you said though as I am a noob when it comes to this program. I really didn't change any of the default settings that were suggested when I started up ATH for the first time. How would I go about checking "if ASZ was created on Protection State page of True Image or by the means of Windows' Disk Management."? Any other suggestions?

5. robertc

Colin thanks for your help. The error occurred outside of windows. I ran the program for the first time within windows (obviously) and after it started doing whatever the default settings told it do, it prompted me to reboot my computer. It was then that ATIH started running (before windows started) and I believe it either completed or almost completed Step 1 of 3. That's when I got the error message.

6. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

As mentioned by Abaris, sounds like a SZ has been made and the Acronis Start Up Recovery Manager has become activated.

You can check this by - getting in to Windows (if you can't boot in as normal, then try Windows Safe Mode), locate your My Computer icon, right click, choose Manage and then from the panel that pops up, click on Disk Management - this will show if there is a FAT32 Acronis partition installed.

We can go from there.

Colin

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

robertc, you use our Live Chat service here.

Please download Acronis Report utility available here and run it, create a report. Please compress the Acronis Report output file into an archive (e.g. with WinZip).

This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.