True Image Home 11 versus TI Home 2009

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by data7, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. data7

data7 Registered Member

I am a very happy and contented user of True Image 10 and 11 (Home Version).

They seem to work great for my needs.

I am wondering if there are any issues with TI 2009 versus the tried and true TI 11 Home?

I see that they are both available on Amazon at the moment. :)

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello data7,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

New features of Acronis True Image Home 2009 are: One-Click Protection, File search using Google Desktop and Windows Desktop Search, Make reserve copies of your backups, Support for ZIP format, Consolidation of backup files, Automatic computer shutdown after backup or restoration finishes, Archive to various places, More user-friendly.

You can always download free trial version from our web site and test it for 15 days.

You can check this link to find out known issues and limitations of Acronis True image home 2009.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Just becasue one verson works on your hardware does not mean that a subsequent versin will. So yo should definitely take advantage of the free trial.

ATI 12/2009 works osmewhat diff than prior versions, especially with regard to automation so moveing to 12/2009 might not be worthwhile. Of the three version 10, 11, and 12/2009, 11 had the most (never fixed or yet-to-be-fixed) bugs followed by 12/2009. So test before you hand over any money.

4. starsfan09

starsfan09 Registered Member

I certainly agree with this. I've purchased ATI 9, 10, and 11. (Never did use 11 at all because of the bugs).

All I use is the just the Boot CD to make FULL Images with. After I make the Boot-CD's, I usually just remove the program. So in reality, all I've paid for... is the .ISO File. I wish I could just purchase the .ISO file to make the Boot-CD for ATI 2009. :cautious:

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello starsfan09,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

If you want to use only the standalone version of Acronis program, you should be an owner of the license in any case.

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

6. data7

data7 Registered Member

I don't think I understand how you use the Boot-CDs...

I use ATI 10,11 and Echo work station and I make a "Rescue CD" that I can boot from, but I still need to use my "*.tib" archive file on my USB drive to actually restore the image.

Aren't there ways to make a bootable CD without actually purchasing ATI? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.