True Image Home 11 - Searching archives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by JHC, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JHC

JHC Registered Member

One of the features that really appealed to me in TI 11 was the ability to search backup archives for all occurrences of a file.

For the life of me, I can't get this to work. No matter what I search for, it always tells me "nothing found"... even when I know the file is there.

Jonathan

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Do you have to mount the image first, or does TI 11 have the search feature built into the program in such a way that unmounted archives are supposed to be searchable?

3. JHC

JHC Registered Member

I've just figured out that the search WILL work if I specifically open one archive, select the root drive (i.e. C) and then type a search name.

The feature is SUPPOSED to let you search all archives -- which makes sense if you're looking for a particular version of a file. In fact, you're supposed to be able to right-click on a file in Windows Explorer and choose the Acronis Search option from the context menu for that file. What is suspicious is that I don't even get prompted for the password to open an archive so I don't believe it is doing much searching at all.

This is a shame because this was the one real reason I chose to upgrade. There are a couple of nice enhancements to the product but this feature would have been the "killer" feature for me.

Jonathan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.