True Image Full Bootable CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Daacon, Mar 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daacon

Daacon Registered Member

Hi all

I just purchased Acronis True Image 8 (build 800) for my Laptop. The Laptop is new (Acer 8104) and I suspect some of the newer hardware is causing the issue.

I have raised a ticket with Acronis - but was wondering if anyone else has this issue. I took an Image to an External USB. I created the full CD and I was not able to boot. The Acronis Logo appeared and then perhaps some sort of errror message (way too quick to read) blank screen. The 'safe' CD works fine , however with that I do not have access to USB drive.

When the full cd was booting I notice my Bluetooth light was on (which is why I am supsecting hardware incompatibility) - thoughts anyone ?

Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. Daacon

Daacon Registered Member

Thanks for the reply - where would I put this option in ? I cannot find any command line or any options when creating the Full CD. I do not get a command prompt when booting the CD (if this was sometinng to type in after boot) , the screen just remains blank.

thx.................dy

4. Daacon

Daacon Registered Member

Based on other threads I changed the f11.cfg file to include "kernel.dat acpi=off quiet". I then re-created the CD and I am still unable to boot from.

I already supplied Acronis with the report.txt file created with the AcronisReport.exe supplied.

Any other suggestions ?

Thanks again.

5. Daacon

Daacon Registered Member

ok sorry I found a thread that was a little more detailed in the explaination of what it was you wanted me to try : https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317

So first boot - F11 modified to : quiet acpi=off noscpi
    Got a Little further (or at least a different screen) Acronis Logo in the top left corner , Loading , please wait message ... I gave this about 10 minutes - no disk activity (light) or Cd activity.

Second Boot : F11 - took out the word quiet - got the Arconis Info Page - then blank screen again (was attempting to get a sysinfo.txt file) but am I am uable - same symptoms as booting from full CD without chaning anything.

Have not tired the fix MBR - may try that later - but if the MBR is corrupt I would expect windows to have an issue

6. MiniMax

MiniMax Guest

As always, I suspect the Devil is hiding in the details: acpi=off noapic

7. Daacon

Daacon Registered Member

Nice ....I tired numerous times ....so the 'Devil" this time is hidding in my FAT fingers and posting ..and not so much with what I typed in...nice catch though :D

just for laughs I did it again reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal slow with

acpi=off noapic - was curious why we have ACPI on the left side and APIC .....can't solve for 'x' hahah

so I tried both .....

1) acpi=off noapic
    2) acpi=off noapci

Same results .....

Tempted to try
    3) acpi=workdamnit restore=easy ..

but will wait for offical reply

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Daacon,

I have answered you via e-mail so please check your inbox. From now on we will investigate the problem via e-mail because it will allow us to receive the necessary diagnostic.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.