True Image Enterprise Server 9.1 Upgrade

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tdunnusa, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tdunnusa

tdunnusa Registered Member

Upgrade procedure from True Image Enterprise 8 to 9.1

I have received my software to upgrade from 8 to 9.1 enterprise server. What is the procedure to upgrade my current version?

Do I have to 1) install over the current software or uninstall software and reinstall, 2) uninstall each agent or install over remote agent, 3) what happens with my current remote agent schedules during either the upgrade or reinstall procedure will I lose them or will the schedule/script get upgraded? I have a lot of schedules, I would hate to think I would have to recreate every one of them.

Also, I installed the software on a test server and installed a remote agent to a server. After doing so I and I connected to the remote server as the manual suggests I did not see the group server options (even though I installed this software) after connecting to the remote server. The manual states after you connect to a remote server you will see the option to see the group server selections (not sure if that's exactly what it is called) to see all my other servers to manage them. What would be the cause of this? Thanks.

2. tdunnusa

Re: Upgrade procedure from True Image Enterprise 8 to 9.1

I need to update a comment concerning my question about the group server management. I installed the group server option on a remote server and this option now display once I connect to the remote server. Do I have to install this option locally on each server or can I push it out from the main management console as you can the remote agent etc? I installed the group server option on the main server where the management console is but it doesn't display this as a registered component, is it supposed to?

3. tdunnusa

I have received my software to upgrade from 8 to 9.1 enterprise server. What is the procedure to upgrade my current version?

Do I have to 1) install over the current software or uninstall software and reinstall, 2) uninstall each agent or install over remote agent, 3) what happens with my current remote agent schedules during either the upgrade or reinstall procedure will I lose them or will the schedule/script get upgraded? I have a lot of schedules, I would hate to think I would have to recreate every one of them.

Also, how can I push the group server client to remote systems as you do the remote client, is that possible? I would like to push that out that way without having to do a local install of the group server option on every remote server.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tdunnusa,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

We recommend you to uninstall the previous version at first and then install the new one.

You can install Acronis True Image Agent remotely over the existing version. We do not expect any problems with it.

If you install Acronis True Image Agent over the exisiting one, you do not need to create new scheduled tasks. You can use the old scheduled tasks.

I'm afraid no. This feature will be probably implemented in the future builds/versions of the software.

You can also find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server in the respective User's Guide.

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.