True Image Enterprise....Can this work? Any help appreciated

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MisterBazil, Jan 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterBazil

MisterBazil Registered Member

Considering buying the enterprise edition. Can any one tell me if the scenario i am looking at doing will in any way work?

I have a Dell RAID 5 Small Business Server 2003, with approx 100gb of data.

This is what i want to do:

1. Create image on external Maxtor One touch drive
    2. Mount image on a box at a remote site
    3. do incremental image backups to the remote box via the internet (IP)

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MisterBazil,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

First of all, could you please tell the model of your RAID controller.

Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server supports image creation via TCP-IP protocol. Also we do support exploring images stored on network.

Thank you.

--
    Ilya Toytman

3. MisterBazil

MisterBazil Registered Member

Hi Iiya,

Thanks for the reply. The RAID controller is a DELL CERC ATA100 4channel.

Regards

Paul (misterbazil)

4. A|ex

A|ex Registered Member

it is possible to do this but to do it all automatic is out of the question because acronis doesnt support scripting or automation to that extent.

but thats all i am going to say since i dont want to point users to other software...

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MisterBazil,

Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server should work properly with your controller.

You may schedule any type of image creation (both local and remote) if you ment scheduling in your first post (it wasn't quite clear at first).

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. A|ex

A|ex Registered Member

i am too confused about several things, scheduling is supported by acronis (now that several bugs have been fixed in the latest version) however i dont think its too the stage where you can safely restore image of systems on boot after they have been uploaded?

I assume you want to image a system to a remote location, and use that image to clone the original system so you have two of the same system working in at the same time?

The only issue i see with this is how would you get acronis to image the current machine its on and make an exact copy of it at a remote location? then continue to clone itself at several times?

Acronis unlike Novell Zenworks doesnt check images at a location to see if there is a LATEST version. So Acronis cannot auto update itself when there is a new image because Acronis has a FIXED time or schedule which isnt as dynamic as one would want.

But if you wanted to schedule backups at time intervals acronis enterprise can do this. Previous versions of acronis had problems but the current version seems fine.

7. rrupert

rrupert Registered Member

Ok, I have a quesiton about this. We have a Dell 420SC with the onboard SATA CERC RAid card and everytime we start up the software it fails one of the hard drives. IS there a work around?

8. A|ex

A|ex Registered Member

if the controller is supported then i dont see why the drive doesnt appear, you may want to email acronis with the controller info so they can add the support to future builds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.