True Image Enterprise 9.1 build 3602

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tdunnusa, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tdunnusa

tdunnusa Registered Member

I need assistance in upgrading to build 3602 from build 3534. I have completely uninstalled True Image from my console server, ALL pieces of it to begin the upgrade. After installing all the separate processes, starting with the console install I then tried to push the latest remote client to a server. As soon as I attempt this using the "Install Acronis Components" and then selecting the Registered components option I get the following error, "Cannot find any registered Acronis components for the remote installation". I now cannot push the latest client to my servers. I have gone through this process 3 times uninstalling and reinstalling. I also tried the option to point to the components in the /program files/common/acronis directory but all are .exe's and it tells me that it cannot find any Acronis components in the directory I have browsed to. Please assist asap as I am very frustrated with your upgrade process considering I was asked to download this build and install it due to two other issues I'm having with the last build AND the build before that.

Also, the notes for this latest build mention that for the Group Server option you now can push the option by ip or active directory. I cannot find anywhere on how to do this since previously you had to install the group server option directly at the server you want to install it on so I'm assuming with build 3602 it can be pushed remotely from the build notes? Thanks.

2. tdunnusa

SILENCE o_O??

Guess support is confused about this build as I am.

I am NOT a very satisfied customer right now with this product. Hopefully no one will ask me if I would recommend it because unfortunately from the problems I've had since installing 9.1 I'm afraid that I couldn't recommend it. It has wasted much TOO much of my time and the upgrade process is not a simple process at all. The more servers you have expect to have to do a lot more work. Sorry but I'm just being honest. I can't say I'm very happy with the response I get from PAID support either unfortunately. That's all, I've gotten it off my chest for now. And I thought I was unhappy with Backup Exec, hmmm that doesn't look to bad now having this to compare it to unfortunately.

3. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Try this as a workaround:

If doing an original install of this build (rather than an upgrade), copy all the files from C\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageEnterpriseServer to C\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageEnterpriseServer

Send all thanks to Mustang if this works for you, conversely please assign all the blame to Acronis if it does not.

4. Tech1

Tech1 Registered Member

And lets not forget the person who brought the original issue to light, fixed HIS OWN problem and called for the takedown of the latest build, which still has yet to be addressed by Acronis.:blink:

[Self edited my own angry remarks]

Last edited: May 9, 2006
  5. tdunnusa

Thanks for the replies I appreciate it. It appears that the 3602 build may have fixed a problem I was having where 2 of the servers running 9.1 would not overwrite an existing image file from the previous week for some reason. With this build that have overwritten the file two days in a row now. I'm going to wait a couple of more weeks running these backups before pushing out 9.1 to some other servers still using 8.0 (from a different management console) to be sure it appears to be stable. I have noticed that the group server piece which runs as a service on each remote server spikes up the cpu and memory usage a lot so I have removed that piece. Doesn't appear to be very useful anyway. A funny thing about this piece of 9.1. You have to install it locally on each remote server and connect to a remote server in order to view the group server information of your other servers. This 3602 build's description notes on the Acronis web site states that use can now push out the agent via IP or AD however I haven't found any documentation on how to utilize that and paid support had no idea either and I've been waiting two days for a response from them as to what it means! Of course based on my experience so far it's sad to say that's really no surprise to me.:thumbd:

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tdunnusa,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

As far as I can understand you have already contacted our Support Team regarding these issues. Could you please let us know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which can be found in the subjects of the letters that you received from Acronis Support Team? We will look through the correspondence and see what more can be done regarding the issues you reported.

Please also clarify if you were able to install Acronis Components to the remote machines after updating to build 3602? If yes then please let us know how you overcame the problem you have described in your initial post.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.