True Image Echo Server for Windows

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kepler86, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kepler86

kepler86 Registered Member

I'm trying to clone a disk on a Win 2K machine. The disk is dynamic. The new disk is dynamic. The source disk is 34 GB the Target Disk is 145 GB. When going to the clone wizard it detects all of the disks but then in the next step to select source disk it says " There are no itmes to display" All I want to do here is move the 34 to the 145 to increase the disk space. Do I need another product? I have used Acronis for years on stand alone PC's this is my first attempt with a server. It will image just fine, but not clone. Also Disk Director will not work either, not adding a new disk. Help !!

2. Thamuz

Thamuz Registered Member

Kepler86

It is not possible to clone a Dynamic Volume with Acronis True Image Echo.

-Thamuz

3. mathayus

mathayus Registered Member

What do you mean, that if i have a server running on a raid 1 or raid 5 i can't make an image?

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

In the manual chapter 14 (page 140 - 149) cover cloning, however it doesn't mention RAID setups or dynamic disks in it's instructions, only partitioned ones.

Instead of cloning, is it a problem to image the whole drive and then restore the image to the new drive?

Colin

5. Thamuz

Thamuz Registered Member

mathayus,
    Just because you have a RAID doesn't mean you have a Dynamic Volume. When you create a RAID the disk are Basic by default.

A Dynamic Volume is software based and a RAID is usually hardware based. Although you can have a Dynamic RAID volume, but this created by software.

Colin,
    There is no issue with doing this. In fact it is the preferred method.

-Thamuz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.