True Image creates a bunch of 1KB files

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by JoshFink, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoshFink

JoshFink Registered Member

I'm trying to do a backup of my hard drive and it seems that True Image wants to create a bunch of 1KB files instead of the large file it normally creates. I'm not sure what changed all of a sudden.

I'm running the latest build of True Image 8.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

Josh

2. feddup

feddup Registered Member

I'd be willing to bet you accidently specified the image file split size to 1 KB. I did something similar. I think you can specify the image file size with a gb or mb suffix. If you don't i think it goes to kb by default. I'm not 100% sure that's what you did but it sure sounds like it.

3. JoshFink

I thought I might have done the same thing as well. I wish that were the case. I actually went back in the last 3 times I tried and specifically set the File Split to 4GB like I always had. Still no luck.

Weird, huh?

Thanks though

Josh

4. howardrl

howardrl Registered Member

JoshFink
    Could you tell me what build you have. I just downloaded build 796 and do not want to install it if it's the same as yours. Thank you.
    Bob

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Creation of multiple 1KB .tib files was a known bug (see this <earlier thread> for details) in TI 8 prior to build 768. This is the first time it's been flagged up since then. Most strange o_O

Regards

Last edited: Feb 16, 2005
  6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Please make sure you do indicate the size of the image part correctly. If you indicate some small number without dimension Acronis True Image will think the size is in bytes and will create the minimum possible parts (i.e. 1Kb). Please use Mb and Gb to indicate the actual size you want the parts of the image to be.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. JoshFink

I willl try and download the update again and see if it takes.

Thanks

Josh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.