True Image can't find hard disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Andrew645, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew645

Andrew645 Registered Member

I am a registered user of True Image 10 (patched to build 4942). I found True Image worked perfectly on my old computer.
    I have recently bought a new computer, and am having problems backing up the hard disk. I have attempted to do so using the CD supplied, and an updated CD I made from patch 4942.
    The original CD fails to load (error 19, whatever that means). The new boot CD loads but reports it has failed to find any hard disks. There are two, one of which I cannibalised from old computer, and on which True Image worked perfectly with the original CD. Other software (e.g. partitioning) finds both disks without problems.
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Andrew

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Try the quiet=acpi no apic as detailed in the sticky "Read Before You Post" or words to that effect.

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

If your hardware isn't supported by the TI 10 Recvoery CD, the only option is to upgrade to TI 11. At least, you can download the trial version and make a TI 11 Recovery CD to test it before buying it.

If it were my computer, I'd install the trial of 11 on my old computer and make the recovery CD there, and then test it on the new computer. Since you can't backup the new computer yet, I wouldn't want to install any new software that might not work.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Andrew645,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post, as suggested by DwnNdrty.

If that doesn't solve the problem, please submit a request for technical support. Attach all information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

And do not assume that, if 10 cannot see the drive, then 11 can. There are even set ups that 10 can see and 11 can't. Try the trial is your best bet, and then contacting Tech Support. Or, try making a Vista PE disk for either ATI 10 or 11.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.