True image boot does not display on 15.4" screen

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by aol, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aol

aol Registered Member

I have installed Acronis True Image 8 latest build on my new notebook with x700 ATI pciExpress display card and 15.4" WXGA LCD screen. When I run Acronis from the boot disk or from the boot area, besides the initial screen, the display remains blank. I think it is a display problem and not a software problem. Can Acronis do something to support 15.4" Wide XGA LCD screens and also PCI Express ATI X700 display card? Otherwise the software is useless if it cannot boot from the boot cd or the by pressing F11.

Also a nagging problem, when Acronis is uninstalled it does not remove the boot F11 option. I have to use FDISK /mbr to clear it out. Please fix this as well.

Mary.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mary,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Acronis True Image does support PCI Express cards. Could you please clarify when exactly you see the black screen? Do you see the blue splash screen with Acronis logo on it? Do you see the "Loading please wait" message?

As for F11 key, you need to delete Acronis Secure Zone prior to uninstallation of the application itself. This will restore the MBR that was previousely on the drive.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. aol

aol Registered Member

I see both, "please wait loading Acronis" and the blue splash screen, in not so high of a resolution, and then blank black screen after that.

Mary.

4. Acronis Support

Hello Mary,

Could you please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc (the full version) and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears? After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word and click on the OK button. As the startup messages stop scrolling, you can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys in order to scroll the screen manually. Please write down the last few lines of the output, or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens and send the captured information to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate your problem and try to help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. aol

aol Registered Member

I did what you told me. Backspaced to delete "quiet", pressed OK, the "loading acronis" blue screen came on and then blank screen after that. No verbose, no nothing displayed, even though I can tell that the program is loading. I would guess the problem is with the display driver, but don't take my word for it.

Mary.

6. Acronis Support

Hello aol,

Please send the letter to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread, full name of your version of Acronis True Image and the serial number for it and please indicate in the subject that you want to contact Irina Shirokova. I will provide you with the ISO file and the necessary information.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

7. Artemisa

Artemisa Registered Member

@ Mary

"I have installed Acronis True Image 8 latest build on my new notebook with x700 ATI pciExpress display card and 15.4" WXGA LCD screen."

There are not many laptop brands with x700 ATI pciExpress display cards on the market.
    If it is an Acer TravelMate 8100 series the TI full version boot CD will not work.
    Create a BartPE CD with TrueImage plug-in, which works trouble-free.

Regards
    Artemisa

8. aol

aol Registered Member

Hello Irina, Hello Artemisa:

Thank you both for your suggestions. Irina I don't know what letter you are talking about (maybe you are answering some other post), but in view of the problems with Acronis, we have had problems as well at the office some time ago with an earlier version of True Image and Promise Raid card which gave us some apocalyptic error message while all the time we were still using PQ Drive Image 2002 without a hitch.

I am now using Symantec Ghost, the followup to Drive Image and it is working perfectly from the word go.

I will reconsider Acronis when it works right out of the box and will advise my company accordingly as well.

Maria

9. Acronis Support

Hello aol,

I suggest you to send the letter to me with the link to this thread (also with the full name of your version of Acronis True Image and the serial number for it), I will provide you with the ISO file and the instructions on how to use it to burn a new bootable CD that will be worked on your computer.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.