True Image boot CD doesn't show my system drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TangleWeb, Oct 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TangleWeb

TangleWeb Registered Member

I downloaded, registered & installed the free version of True Image 7.0. I created a boot CD on the computer I was interested in making an image. I then created a full image of the system partition to an external USB drive. I booted to the boot CD & I'm in the "Restore Image Wizard, but it doesn't seem to see my system's SATA hard drive. I see the USB drive & the image I created, but there's no destination except the USB drive.

Help!

~Dave

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Just a guess – but since version 7 is so old, perhaps the drivers included in the boot CD can’t recognize SATA drives.

3. TangleWeb

Well, I created the boot CD on the PC I am attempting to restore the image, so it should have loaded the drivers necessary. If it's not compatible with newer hardware, there should be a disclaimer to that effect. Acronis is offering this 7.0 version as a free promotion all over the place. truthfully, I think it's just an attempt to sell upgrades. Now I'm behind the 8-ball, because if I can't restore the image, I have to do a clean install of the OS & apps :doubt:

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

The boot CD will be loaded with the drivers included in that version of the program. It is independant of the PC on which it was burned.
    Are you sure that it is Acronis that is touting this very old version? I somehow doubt it as since version 7 there have been several builds of version 8, the current version 9 has a latest build number 3677 and Version 10 has already been issued in a Germany so that cannot be far away for the rest of the world.
    OTOH it has cost you nothing though I doubt if there will be any support for it.
    If you want to see how True image works with your hardware you can download a free trial version of the current product from Acronis themselves.

5. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Yes, highly unlikely that ver 7 supports SATA.

6. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

7. TangleWeb

Bummer.

Looks like a clean install of XP & all apps for me.

I'll get a version 9 trial.

8. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

What on earth does Acronis have to gain by this when they know fully well that it probably doesn't support 50% of the hardware in use today!
    Oh, I know .. more support calls - as if they didn't have enough already.:mad: :mad: . Plain crazy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.