True Image Boot CD Does Not See External Hard Drive.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Chutsman, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

System is an Averatec 3250 with USB 2 ports, WinXP Home, SP2.

When I boot with the True Image boot CD (ver 8 build 76:cool:, it does not see my external Max 160Gb hard drive in an ext. enclosure. I tried the modification to the "Quiet" line after pressing F11, without success.

My Ghost boot CD has no problem seeing the external hard drive on those usb ports.

If I use my USB to PCMCIA adapter and plug the ext. hd into it, then True Image sees the ext. hd.

Any ideas on making True Image see the ext. hd when connected to the onboard usb ports?

Thanks.

2. feverfive

feverfive Registered Member

I hope you get an answer b/c I'm, worried about whether I can restore via an external HDD connected via firewire. I was able to CREATE my backup image w/ no problems, but I've read on other forums that TI will not always recognize an external HD when booting up from the CD/floppy, even though the CD supposedly contains all USB/firewire drivers. What good is this if we can CREATE the image on an external HD but can't actually RESTORE from ito_O

3. storage_man

storage_man Registered Member

You didn't what kind of systme u have or what chipset its using for its USB support. THis is the problem today. THere are hundreds of different chipsets and they all act differently. I would recommend you open a incident with Acronis support and document the details of your system.

I see 30-40 systems that work, and another 5-10 that don't Acronis needs to provide support and they will.

Storage_man

4. Chutsman

The onboard USB uses the VIA chipset according to Device Manager.

5. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

Helps to tell what specific chipset.

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

If not already done so, register your Acronis TI as per the instructions contained in the Acronis Support Sticky titled <Please Read Before You Post> and then download and install either Build 826 or Build 859. Note: the "Explore Image" function is broken in Build 859. To gain access to Build 826 you will need to click the + sign on Acronis True Image 8.0 Upgrade and then select "Full history of changes". Create a new bootable rescue CD from the newer build and, hopefully, TI will be able to detect your external HD enclosure.

Regards

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Chutsman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

If after you update the build of Acronis True Image and create new Acronis Bootable CD you are still unable to use the external drive when you boot the computer with Acronis Bootable CD please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround described at Acronis Help Post and if it doesn't help please send the sysinfo.txt file (described at the same post) to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread and the full model name of your motherboard and external drive.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. Chutsman

Thanks everyone ... the boot CD from build 826 works! Great forum! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.