true image backup archive ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by salty, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. salty

salty Registered Member

True image 8.0 I got this program a couple of days ago,just created a true image backup archive,I see that this located on the same hard drive as my os can this be right,or have I messed it up.I do have a smaller 2nd hd,should I be using this and if so will incremental backups eventually fill this up.Bear in mind Im only new to this program.

2. Dog breath

Dog breath Guest

Even if you have a smaller hard drive you can back up to it since TI only backs up files. The incremental updates will be smaller than the first backup, thus you should be ok. Before backup it will ask how to backup... pick normal and it will show how large normal compression will be on your drive...

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello salty,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

Please note that Acronis True Image can create images on the partition it images at the moment. But it is not recommended to do so. Please move the image file to your secnd HD and store your images on the second HD in the future.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.