True Image as Plugin to BartPE

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Nisko, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nisko

Nisko Registered Member

I read somewhere in this forum that a user complained that True Image 10 was MUCH slower than version 9 and that he solved the problem by using a BartPE CD. I never had vs. 9 - but I also find that vs. 10 is VERY slow to backup and verify. So I created a BartPE CD with Acronis TI as a plugin. Problem is, I have no idea how to use it. Could somebody help? Thank you.

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Did you read this guide Begginer's Guide to Creating a BartPE CD? To use it you boot from the BartPE CD. Once its booted you can use the menu to start TI.

3. Nisko

Nisko Registered Member

Wasn't aware of it - thanks. Have you ever heard of TI10 being much slower than TI9? I can't find the posting that I read to this effect a few weeks ago. But the author said he used a BartPE and everything is fine now. That's how I heard about the BartPE in the first place. I created the BartPE with the TI plugin earlier today - but didn't see a menu for accessing plugins. Can you tell me where to find it please?

4. paultwang

paultwang Registered Member

If you are talking about the list of plugins when building:
    Make sure you place the directory in the plugin directory
    Click Refresh

If you are talking about when you are in PE environment:
    Edit acronis_nu2menu.xml in the acronis directory inside plugin directory (notBartPE directory) and change MENU ID from Storage to Programs.

5. thomasjk

I use TI9 but in either version the Linux rescue CD tends to be slower than BartPE. I usually create my backups as a scheduled task under windows and use BartPE for restores when needed. I suggest you read the guide. Boot from the CD and explore the menu structure and you'll find TI.

6. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

...and reatogo is a great help in building the CD.

7. desaubin

desaubin Registered Member

Why would one want to use this feature?

8. thomasjk

To avoid the poor Linux drivers used in the rescue cd. BartPE uses windows drivers and will usually perform faster. You can add drivers which you can't do with the rescue CD.

9. desaubin

desaubin Registered Member

Ok thank you, I see the benefit now.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello desaubin and everyone interested,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD is Linux based and has it's own assortment of drivers for the wide variety of modern hardware.

As thomasjk noted it could be possible that drivers for a particular hardware you use might not be included into the standalone mode of Acronis True Image (it could be because not all Linux drives are open source, for example). In these cases we recommend to contact Acronis Support Team to solve the issue. However, a possible workaround is to use a BartPE-based bootable CD created using Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE and allowing one to boot the computer into a Windows-like environment loading the appropriate drivers for any hardware devices installed in the computer at startup.

Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE comes with the Acronis True Image installation and can be found in the
    \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\BartPE folder.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

11. Nisko

Nisko Registered Member

What is reatogo?

12. Nisko

Nisko Registered Member

Now I did - thank you.

13. Nisko

Nisko Registered Member

Now I did - thanks!!!

14. Nisko

Nisko Registered Member

Where did you get these instructions? I'd like to learn more.

15. Nisko

Nisko Registered Member

Where is this guide? I'm having a lot of trouble properly putting BartPE and True Image together.

16. Nisko

Nisko Registered Member

Thanks!!!

17. Nisko

Nisko Registered Member

Is there someplace (URLo_O) where I can put all this information together? I'd really like to learn how to properly use both TI10 and BartPE. It seems to me that the information is scattered all over the place. Or is it just meo_Oo_Oo_O Thanks.

18. Nisko

Nisko Registered Member

A step-by step written procedure to add and use plugins (such as TI10) would be very useful. Thank again.

19. FBMachines

FBMachines Registered Member

Hey Nisko,
    The link that Thomasjk posted "Begginer's Guide to Creating a BartPE CD" does show you step by step how to build a BartPE Disk with Mustang's True Image 10 plugin. Under the section "Building the BartPE CD:" look at steps 8 and 9. These two steps show you how to download his plugin and configure it for BartPE. As for Reatogo, it is BartPE with XPE fully configured. XPE is an easier to use Graphical User interface for the PE environment.

20. thomasjk

As FBMachines said I already gave you a link in post #2 of this thread for the written procedure.

21. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Nisko

There is a wealth of useful information on Bartpe out there. It would be well worth your time to Google Bartpe and you will find it. Yes a bit of work, but it will be well worth it.

Pete

22. Nisko

Nisko Registered Member

Thanks - I guess I was referring to 'other' information about BartPE that I've read in this forum but haven't found anywhere else. I'll start Googleing.

23. thomasjk

Here is a good place to start http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?act=idx.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.