True Image and Universal Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gregfink, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregfink

gregfink Registered Member

I have True Image Workstation 3,718 installed and working and just purchased Universal Restore and downloaded it, but I can't get it to work. It says it can't find the software it needs to install. I have even installed the management consol and the agent, but I just can't get universal restore to install. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

2. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

This is weird. Are you sure that you downloaden the LATEST universal restore version from the Updates section and NOT the version from the registered products section?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gregfink,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

We need some additional information to investigate this issue thoroughly and to provide you with a possible workaround.

Please make sure that you have downloaded the latest version of Acronis Universal Restore. You can download the latest version here.

Could you please create a screen shot of the error message? Please also do the following:

- Launch the product installation file;

- Right-click on the "Install Acronis Universal Restore for Acronis True Image Workstation" button and select "Extract";

- Select the path for extracting the component and click "Save";

- Go to the Run prompt (Start -> Run) and issue the following command: msiexec /i msi-name /l*v log-name

where msi-name is the path and the name of the file you extracted in steps 2-3 and log-name is the path and the name to the log file you want to save the output to;

- Reproduce the problem and collect us the log file created during the installation.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  4. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

Maybe you should add the command also ;-)

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello again,

Oops, sorry for that. I have added the command to my reply. Thank you Jeremy for letting me now about it. My apologizes to gregfink for mistake.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.