True Image and removable media

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fuzzy, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fuzzy

fuzzy Guest

I am thinking about purchasing True Image as a backup solution. However, my question is: Can True Image be made to create images of removable media? For example, a complete image of a Zip disk stored on a CD-ROM drive, or an image of a CompactFlash card stored on a Zip disk, and so on. So far, I've seen that True Image only will read fixed-disk partitions and not removable disks - can this be changed?

2. kcaringer

kcaringer Guest

I have this same issue. I'm using the latest build of version 8 and I can't make a backup image of my 256MB USB removable drive. I am disappointed.

(Although I am pleased to see that it is working great for my fixed hard drive.)

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello fuzzy and kcaringer,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Please note that Acronis True Image can take images only of hard disks. If your flash-drive or other device is recognized by operational system as hard disk (you may see it in "Start" -> "Control Panel" -> "Administrative Tools" -> "Computer Management" -> "Disk Management") then you will be able to create the image of this drive.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. warrior

warrior Registered Member

Why not just burn a CD? For .17 and three minutes you have a readable backup.

Seth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.