True Image and maximum storage period

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jonathan_it, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonathan_it

jonathan_it Registered Member

Hello,

I have 2 questions:

1)I would like to have 1 full backup and 13 daily incremental/differential backups.
    What I have to choose in the "Set quotas and TIme limits"?
    Maximum backup location size: unlimited
    Maximum number of backups in a location: unlimited
    Maximum number of backups in an archive: 14
    Maximum storage period (days): 14

??

2)When I create a backup's job, I can't write any file name for the backup. I can choose only the File's type (*.tib).
    Any idea?

Thank you very much,

J.

2. mustang

mustang Developer

Where did you get that version of TI?

3. jonathan_it

jonathan_it Registered Member

Trial from Acronis.

I have to buy 15 licenses, but before I would like to try it in deep.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

J.

4. mustang

mustang Developer

Be aware you are dealing with beta software, so help from this forum will not be availabe. I wouldn't base any any buying decisions on how it perfoms.

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

What's beta about it?

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

As far as I understand, you are using the free trial version of either Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation or Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server, because at present time only these versions include Acronis Backup Server component allowing one to limit the amount of backups located in the predefined backup location.

Yes, you are absolutely correct. As it is mentioned in section 4.5.1 of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server User's Guide the "Maximum number of backups in an archive" field corresponds with the number of incremental backups plus one initial full backup and therefore has to be set to 14 in order to achieve your goal. In such a way you will always have a set of backups consisting of the initial full backup and 13 subsequently created incrementals. When the two weeks period passes since the initial full backup was created, a new full backup will be created overwriting the old one. Then 13 incremental backups will be created and so on.

The most probable reason why you are unable to specify the filenames for the resulting backup archives is that you are saving them to Acronis Backup Server. The point is that when backups are saved to Acronis Backup Server they are being named automatically. When you restore backups located in Acronis Backup Server they are listed in accordance with their creation dates.

If you want to be able to specify the filenames, we recommend saving backups to any other location than Acronis Backup Server.

You can find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation and Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server in their respective User's Guides.

We also recommend that you take a look at the corresponding Acronis True Image version FAQ page and Acronis Public Knowledge Base.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

Note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase. In case you are planning to purchase many copies (10 or more), please contact our Sales Team by filling up the Volume License Request form available at the Purchase Acronis Corporate Solutions page of Acronis web site.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Sep 28, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.