True Image and Disk Director refuse to run

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Doug49, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug49

Doug49 Registered Member

I have TI 2009 and it was running all OK on Vista32. I then trialed DD10 and it worked OK, so I bought a copy of DD10. I uninstalled the trial version, and installed the full version. Since then, when I try to run either TI or DD I get the message "E000101F4: Appliction error. Cannot find the necessary Acronis DD (or TI) modules. Please reinstall"

So I uninstalled and reinstalled both programs. Still the same problem. So I uninstalled again and then deleted all the bits left behind. There was a heap left in the registry, which I deleted, but the Acronis entries under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\ACRONISDEVICES refuse to delete. i have reset the permissions, tried Regcleaner, regAssassin, etc and nothing has removed these last few Acronis entries.

I submitted the problem to Acronis about 10 days ago, and was issued with a case number (Case 00060013), but have not got any other feedback.

Can anyone help with a way forward?

Regards
    Doug

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Doug:

Have you tried the Acronis cleanup utility?

Since DD is older, install it first when you reinstall both programs.

3. Doug49

Doug49 Registered Member

Thank you. I will try both suggestions.

Doug
    Australia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.