True Image 9 Removal from Vista

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by GSDrew, May 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GSDrew

GSDrew Registered Member

I recently was asked to uninstall a copy of True Image 9 from a new HP Vista machine, which after I reviewed the Acronis compatibility page discovered probably should never have been installed in the first place. I attempted to remove True Image 9, but as soon as I restarted the computer to complete the removal, I recieved a BSOD error and had to restore to a system recovery point.

Mildly frustrated with this since I have tried several different approaches to this. I have purchased 10 and tried to do a repair/remove through it's application and just use 10. Alas, BSOD every time I restart.

And after running the machine through many different memory checks and stability checks, I'm fairly confident the problem lies in the True Image 9 programing and it taking some vital component from the Vista boot that it placed there.

Any ideas? Or similar problems? A full system recovery would certainly remove 9, but the labor that went into it's current configuration almost makes it not worth it.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

It sure sounds like TI 9's unsuccessful uninstall is the source of the problem.

Email Acronis tech support for instructions on how to manually remove both TI 9 and 10 from Vista using the Registry Editor. After that, a new install of TI 10 should be OK.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello GSDrew,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Yes, Acronis True Image 9.0 Home does not support Windows Vista operating system. Windows Vista is supported in version 10.0 of Acronis True Image Home.

In order to solve the issue you experience, please follow the procedure described in this post in order to manually uninstall Acronis True Image 9.0 Home.

After that install the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If manual uninstallation does not solve the issue, please do the following in order to provide us with additional information to investigate this issue:

- Right click on My Computer, choose Properties and go to the Advanced system settings;

- Hit Settings in the Startup and Recovery box;

- Choose Small memory dump in Write debugging information;

- Close all the dialog windows by clicking OK buttons;

- Reproduce the system crash;

- The small dump file will be created in the directory chosen in the Small dump directory box.

The %SystemRoot% value is the location of the operating system folder.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.