True Image 9 Error Message....?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by n8an, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8an

n8an Registered Member

Hi guys, I hope you can help me out with a bit of info or advice.:)

I'm using True Image 9 (build 3854) on my PC. I've had a few probs with my PC recently, espially booting up, and I think I may have slight H/Drive corruption. Whenever Acronis loads up from DOS, directly after it shows: "Acronis Loading. Please wait....", I get the following error message: "ohci1394_0:Self ID recieved outside of bus reset sequence".

So... my question is this, what does the error message: "ohci1394_0:Self ID recieved outside of bus reset sequence" mean? o_O

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Did you choose Full or Safe mode? I assume you're referring to the Rescue CD here.

3. n8an

n8an Registered Member

It actually happens in both full & safe mode.

Yes, it occurs when I use the Bootable Recovery CD and also when I attempt a Recovery in Windows and have to reboot my PC.

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I think you might have a Firewire device misbehaving. If it is attached to the system try detaching it (bit of a problem if it's your back up drive :( ) .

The fact that you get this in Windows, rules out a Linux driver problem.

I'd look at getting a BIOS update, check the Firewire entry in Hardware Devices and perhaps try either updating or re-installing the driver. It may be you've a dodgy hardware port, so if you've two Firewire ports, try using th eother one.

In fact try the last one first - if it behaves you know it's a motherboard / IEEE1394 card problem.

Colin

5. sideliner2

sideliner2 Registered Member

Hi
    I am having a similar problem with build 3854. When trying the Acronis Boot Disk, the system hangs at " Acronis loading please wait..." no other message. When I remove the cd and reboot, the system still hangs with the same message. Does this mean my MBR is corrupt? Any ideas on how to get it to boot into windows. Acronis works fine on my old P4 but on this new AMD Athlon 64X2 4400 with Asus A8N32 SLI the boot disk won't work. I would just like to get my machine started.

thanks
    SL2

6. sideliner

sideliner Registered Member

I was able to run fixmbr in recovery console which got rid of Acronis loader. I am up and running. Will avoid use of Acronis rescue disc in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.