True Image 9 Crippled Computer

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MattD, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattD

MattD Guest

I have noticed that many people have stated they have the same problem as occured to me today. True Image 9 Trial, installed on Windows ME, ran to the point of needing to reboot, and then on reboot, totally crippled the computer.

Now it will only start in safe mode.

Surely, True Image 9 installed some "flag" somewhere in the OS telling it to continue to try rebooting or shutting down.

Can someone in support answer this question? At this point, I'd just like to remove it because it has crippled my time clock for employees, network functions and printing, since I cannot start in normal mode.

What is True Image 9 asking for (and where) in Windows that is forcing it to just shut down the computer on a normal startup?

I have noticed serveral posts regarding this issue, and yet no response from support.

2. mareke

mareke Registered Member

I'm not aware of what is causing the problem but there are some obvious things you could try that could fix the problem. One of these is to use System Restore in Safe Mode to restore the computer to a state before you installed the trial version of Acronis TI 9 and if that doesn't work another is to uninstall the trial version of TI 9 while in Safe Mode and see if the computer then boots normally. If it doesn't you could then reinstall Windows ME to repair the installation that has the problem. However if a repair of ME isn't possible you could lose all your data. There are ways to safeguard against this such as copying all the data on the drive or making an image of the drive to another drive (there are various ways of doing this) before you do anything else depending on how important the data on the drive is. The chances of the System Restore or uninstalling the trial version of TI 9 fixing the problem are pretty good though.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.