True Image 9 - Can't see DVD Drive in Recovery!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by PaulieD, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulieD

PaulieD Registered Member

Hi All,

I made a complete image of my Dell E1705 HD w/XP Pro (five 4.XGB files on my HD, which I then burned to DVD's with Roxio EMC 8. I also made the bootable CD.

Now I want to restore my image. I boot from the CD, click on Recovery, choose Home Full, and the wizard pops up with a TreeView on the left that only displays the C: drive... the DVD drive will not show. Therefore I can't load my .TIB files off of any of the DVDs. I did see in Help that the last disk must be loaded first after the bootable gets placed into RAM, but the drive just won't show in the recovery wiz window.

Looks like BSAKing has the same issue about 8 posts below this one.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Paulie

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  2. Peleg

Peleg Registered Member

I assume your bootable CD is made on a regular CD-RW?

Is the CD-ROM drive on the computer you're trying to recover supports DVD ROM?

3. PaulieD

PaulieD Registered Member

Hi Peleg,

Thanks for the reply. I've read more posts and discovered that the ATI bootable disk runs on Linux, and the Linux flavor buried in the ATI bootable doesn't have drivers for my newer DVD drive.

I'm building a BartPE disk to put the thing to rest. See the Sticky at the top. It's a bit tricky, but will get me what I need.

Thanks!

Paulie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.