True Image 9 and 2 hard drives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by greg555, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greg555

greg555 Registered Member

Hi, I have true image 9.0 and I have backed up my whole HD to a USB smart disk 40 gig. I have just installed an additional HD for extra storage and to store Sonar audio files on a seperate disk for cleaner running in sonar 5.

In the future I want to load more programs on the new HD that doesnt contain the OS win xp home SP 2. How should I go about backing up the entire system again including the new hard drive?

also: what is the differance between using the startup recovery manager and the bootable rescue media?

alienware area 51 notebook

Greg

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

“what is the differance between using the startup recovery manager and the bootable rescue media?”

With the bootable rescue media, you boot from what ever that media is; CD/DVD.
    The SRM still boots from the hard drive, which of course, does you no good if the HD is trashed.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Greg,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

As your new hard drive have one or several partitions and appropriate drive letter(s), Acronis True Image will detects your hard drive without any problems and allows you to back up it. You can back up both hard drives simultaneously or back up your system drive and data hard drive individually.

I would like to confirm that TheWeaz is correct. The bootable rescue media is created on the removable media. Acronis Startup Recovery Manager can reside on the hard drive only.

I would like to add also that both these features allows you to boot your computer in Linux environment and restore your image.

Acronis Startup Recovery Manager is a special utility that loads Acronis True Image without loading the computer’s operating system. It is extremely useful in cases when a computer cannot be loaded due to partition damage, unsuccessful software or driver installation, a virus attack or some other reason. With this utility, you can run Acronis True Image directly from Acronis Secure Zone and restore the damaged partition from the backup image stored on a hard drive, Acronis Secure Zone or other external media. Acronis Startup Recovery Manager overrides the Master Boot Record (MBR) of the hard drive with its own code that provides user with the option to load Acronis True Image from Secure Zone during computer startup.

The bootable rescue media doesn't require Acronis Secure Zone creation and it doesn't overwrite your MBR.

You can also find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.