true image 9.1

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by marcharms, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcharms

marcharms Registered Member

Hello, i have a trial of TI 9.1 and iam testing it. Now i have a question about a restore. I make a backup, c partition, full backup. when this is ready then i want to restore to another brand pc. I boot with a own created cd from TI and TI starts, i choose restore, select the image and it restores. When he is ready i reset the pc. Then i receive the screen of windows where you can select normal, safe boot etc. i select normal and i get a cursor and the systems stops loading windows. The only thin g i can do is poweroff.
    Where does this go wrong?
    Kind regards,
    Marc

2. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

I presume that you are restoring an XP image. The reason that Windows will not work is because you have restored the image to another computer. The hardware is different and, XP has been designed to so that one copy of it applies to one computer only. (To stop piracy).
    Further information can be obtained at the following site -

http://aumha.org/win5/a/wpa.php

As for the True Image program, it has behaved as it has been designed to do so.

3. marcharms

OK, But from the site of acronis: After a system crash Acronis True Image Workstation allows you to perform a full system restore, a bare-metal restore or just a restore of individual files and folders in minutes. Complete system restoration can be performed to an existing system, to a new system with different hardware or to a virtual machine.
    This is what i want, or noto_O?

4. harrywong

harrywong Registered Member

You didn't mention if you also have Acronis Universal Restore. Restoring to a different machine isn't a problem with the UR boot disk.

Last edited: May 3, 2006
  5. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Is this a job for Sysprep? I've never used it and can't comment on how it works, but I believe I've seen this mentioned whenever migrating to new hardware.

6. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I'll provide another comment from somebody who also never used it. Sysprep would go part way to doing the job however harrywong has provided the real answer. You need to have the Universal Restore option to make it do as advertised.

I prefer to see a new system as a time for a fresh install and to clean out the garbage.

7. marcharms

OK i will check universal restore.!

Fresh and clean install, install all software, make all settings and then make a image, and restore this quick to a new system in case of a failure. (this is how i want it).:doubt:

Last edited: May 4, 2006
  8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Marc,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Yes, if you want to transfer your operating system to a different hardware then you should use Acronis Universal Restore utility. You can find the instructions on how to use it in the section 3.7 of the Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation User's Guide which you can download from the Documentation section of our web site.

If you would like to try this utility before purchase then you should contact us by submitting a pre-sales request. We will certainly provide you with the trial version of Acrtonis Universal Restore.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.