True Image 9.1.3854 Will not run incremental backups.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gkallen, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gkallen

gkallen Registered Member

[sarcasm] First of all I have to say thanks to the tech I talked to on the phone that I explained this to who told me he would call me back or email me with the solution within an hour. That was a week ago! Seems to be the trend though. Glad I spent $12,000 with you guys! [/sarcasm]

Anyways... I can't get TI 9.1 to run incremental backups for some reason. It wants to run all of our backups in Full Mode.

Here is an example of a completed job from one of our servers. What else can I do? I have upgraded to the latest version and completely uninstalled according to tech support's request many times with no help. Also I have deleted the job and added it again just to make sure. The job has a quota to run 1 full and 6 incremental.

Here is a log:
    1 Information 7/4/2007 12:00 AM The "Nightly Agenasql @ 12 AM" operation started
    2 Information 7/4/2007 12:00 AM Analyzing partition 0-0...
    3 Information 7/4/2007 12:00 AM Analyzing partition C:...
    4 Information 7/4/2007 12:00 AM Analyzing partition 0-0...
    5 Information 7/4/2007 12:00 AM Analyzing partition E:...
    6 Information 7/4/2007 12:00 AM Analyzing partition C:...
    7 Information 7/4/2007 12:00 AM Analyzing partition E:...
    8 Information 7/4/2007 12:00 AM Specified file does not exist. (0x40011)
    Tag = 0x64A31B1B5AFDAABB
    9 Information 7/4/2007 12:00 AM Unable to open the storage server device/file bsp://sian.mccart.com/\backupserver\BackupServer||\| for appending incrementally. Backup was started in the full mode.
    10 Information 7/4/2007 12:00 AM Create Incremental Backup ArchiveFrom: Disk 1, Disk 2To file: "bsp://sian.mccart.com"Compression:
    NormalDescription: "Nightly Agenasql @12 AM "
    11 Information 7/4/2007 12:00 AM Pending operation 126 started: "Saving partition structure"
    12 Information 7/4/2007 12:00 AM Pending operation 129 started: "Creating partition image"
    13 Information 7/4/2007 12:00 AM Locking partition C:...
    14 Information 7/4/2007 12:22 AM Pending operation 126 started: "Saving partition structure"
    15 Information 7/4/2007 12:22 AM Pending operation 129 started: "Creating partition image"
    16 Information 7/4/2007 12:22 AM Locking partition E:...
    17 Information 7/4/2007 5:42 AM Operation has succeeded.

2. gkallen

Bump!!! Still happening!!! I'm running out of disk space here people!!! o_O

3. gkallen

I guess the sarcastic approach doesn't get me too far??!!

Sorry... I just want it to work and have tried everything I know to do.

4. jaycee

jaycee Registered Member

Hi,

I'm not fond of the backupserver approach.

Did u try specifying a network disk instead?

Did u make sure of what quotas you put on your backup server, that it doesnt try and protect the full backup for some reason?

Jaycee

5. gkallen

All things Acronis worked beautifully for us until database corruption caused me to have to reinstall and configure everything. (per Acronis tech Support)

Our setup is as follow:

1- Dedicated Backup Server w/ 4.5TB Dell MD1000 connected via SSCI(this is the default backup location viewable as a network share with all the proper permissions)
    9- Servers with remote agents that backup to the MD1000 lump of disks.

I have never had success with Group Server backups so I have an individual nightly task scheduled for all 9 servers. My quotas are to allow unlimited sized backups and unlimited number of backups. We do 6 incrementals for each full and we keep them for 25 days.

This worked beautifully before the complete gut and reinstall.

Acronis is great when it is fully functional, but it can have some serious quirks that are almost impossible to fix sometimes.

Was this any help? Any suggestions? I don't mind approaching my backup scheme with another method.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gkallen,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please try recreating backup locations on Acronis Backup Server and the scheduled tasks.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post on the computer where Acronis Backup Server is installed.

Please also collect the application log of the operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the corresponding log;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.